August club day THIS weekend Sunday Aug 28
This weekend should see a good turnout ahead of our VCS round with 24 already pre-entered
- Race Entry is $30
- Carby from 9:00am
- Racing from 11:00am
- Spectator entry: Free
A reminder of track hours for those practicing ahead of the VCS
- Track is CLOSED on all Tuesdays for local residents
- Clubday Sunday August 28
- Track CLOSED from Monday Aug 29 to Friday Sep 2
(A media event may be an exception)
It is a busy month for the club in the lead-up to the Victorian Country Series Round 5 on September 3 and 4.
There's a lot of work ahead, but it should be a great event.
- Volunteers - We need all members to contribute to the preparation and running our biggest event of the year
We need help for jobs including working bees, tyre marking, sunday bbq, canteen and bar (RSA required)
A list is posted outside the canteen for names
- Round Sponsorship - Sponsorships are available for $100 per class (Listed in program, mentioned in commentary etc)
Contact Paul on 0438 981300
- Pit spots - Lines have now been marked and you can mark out your spot
- Working Bee 2: Saturday 27 Aug (TBD)
- August Club Day - Sunday Aug 28
- AUSTRANS Victorian Country Series Round 5: Sat Sep 3 and Sunday Sep 4
A glorious summer day greeted our karters, with old and new faces appearing for the first club day of 2016
KA3 Junior were lapping the track like rocket ships - setting lap times around the 31 flat mark - faster than all almost senior classes!
- Zaiden Barry
- Daniel Malcolm
- Karlee Pearson
- Akasha McEachran
- Spencer Rice
TAG 125 Restricted Light
- Luke Mason
- John Page
- Brendan Torpy
- Jordan Malcolm
- Luke Thurston
KA4 Junior Light
- Scott McEachran
KA4 Senior Light
- Ann Johnstone
- Trudi McEachran
- Krystal Alexander
Sunday's AGM saw discussion about the future of club days at Ballarat.
In general it was agreed that -
- All karters must now pre-enter for clubdays - starting for the October clubday.
- If a minimum of 15 karters are not pre-entered on the Wednesday the event will be CANCELLED.
- The exact cutoff point of 15 karters may be fine tuned over time.
- There may be a financial incentive to pre-enter (eg: Additional cost to enter on the day) TBD
- Once the 2016 calendar is released, the club will review the calendar and determine whether to alternate clubdays or whether there are certain dates that are not viable to run.
- The club survey is still open, if you have not completed it before the AGM, please complete it so we can take your ideas to the next committee meeting and assist with these decisions https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2ZLQ2HM
Exact details of these entry changes will be mailed to all members.
It was a glorious day for our September club day
Highlight of the day being Scotty passing Jordan around the outside of turn 1 in reverse - an extremely brave place to pass
Jordan then chased hard to get the lead back, while Luke Thurston hounded both in the spirit of Harry's Challenge.
We also (Finally) managed to run our first ladies event in senior national - with Annie Johnstone taking out the inaugural honors over Trudi McEachran
Albeit small fields - there was some great racing
1 Jordan Malcolm
2 Scott McEachran
3 Luke Thurston
Senior National Light
1 Ann Johnstone
2 Trudi McEachran
Cadet 9 + 12
1 Zaiden Barry
1 Daniel Malcolm
2 Akasha McEachran
Restricted 125 Light
1 Blake Graham
2 Paul Feely
3 John Page
4 Trevor Attwood
Due to the cancellation of the August club day, the track will remain in reverse direction for September and Harry's challenge will be re-scheduled.
A reminder the AGM will be held before the start of racing on the September club day - all positions will be vacant.
Congrats to the Ballarat Club Members who took home a top 10 result in our home round of the Victorian Country Series
Jarrod Dwyer 1st TAG Restricted Light
Paul Feely 1st TAG Restricted Heavy
Sam Wren 3rd Sportsman Restricted Super Heavy
Beau Russell 4th Cadet 9
Mal Mason 6th TAG Restricted Heavy
Luke Mason 7th TAG Restricted Heavy
Joe Fawcett 7th Cadet 9
Jordan Malcolm 7th Junior National Light
Luke Thurston 7th Junior National Heavy
John Page 8th TAG Restricted Light
Greg Ord 9th TAG Restricted Heavy
Daniel Malcolm 10th Cadet 9
Zaiden Barry 10th Cadet 12
Tune in to the Power FM Brekky show Friday morning around 8:20am to hear Joe Fawcett, Beau Russell and Paul Feely discuss karting and the country series.
Tune in to Win News Ballarat tonight (Thursday) so see Zaiden Barry, Sam Wren and Paul Feely be interviewed ahead of our Country Series round this weekend.
WIN TV also plan to have the cameras out on Sunday to catch some of the racing.
This year we are please to announce the following sponsors for the Ballarat round of the Victorian Country Series on July 19
RPM Indoor Karts
Ballarat Bolts and Fasteners
Centre for eResearch and Digitial Innovation (FedUni)
Southern Karts: Arrow Kart Dealer
Wren Diesel: Bus and Truck Repairs
Invermay Primary School and Yuille Park College HPV Teams
Brighter Lines Line Marking
We are very excited to be gearing up for out biggest race meeting of the year on July 19.
We hope to see over 150 karters competing in 11 classes of racing.
For newcomers interested in watching some karting: spectator entry is free, practice is on Saturday 18 July and racing is on Sunday 19 July
For competing karters: a few bits of housekeeping:
- TRACK CLOSED from Monday 13 July until uncontrolled practice Saturday 18 July (Friday pit setup only)
- Please don't park in neighbouring driveways
- Ballarat Members - There is a volunteer list at the clubrooms that we'd like to see as many names as possible on
Meanwhile, here are some pics from last year's action