Round winnersJoe Fawcett 1st Cadet 12
Jordan Rae 1st TAG 125 Light
John Page 1st Victorian Masters
Top 10Mick Angwin 3rd TAG Restricted Medium
Jaxson Cox 5th KA3 Senior Light
Ray Dumesny 5th TAG Restricted Medium
Zaiden Barry 7th KA4 Junior Heavy
James Head 7th TAG Restricted Medium
Luke Thurston 8th KA3 Senior Medium
Paul Feely 8th TAG 125 Heavy
Bill West 10th TAG Restricted Light
Cadets and JuniorsDomenic Kucina 27th Cadet 12 (2nd in Final B)
Taj Vandenberg 28th Cadet 12 (4th in Final B)
River Murray 16th KA4 Junior Light
Jason Douglas 17th KA4 Junior Light
Other resultsMal Mason 13th Victorian Masters
Alan Saint 13th TAG 125 Heavy
Greg Ord 14th TAG Restricted Medium
Jordan Malcolm 15th KA3 Senior Light
Justin Malcolm 17th Victorian Masters
Brock Rae 18th TAG Restricted Light
Alexander Barallon 19th TAG 125 Light
Shayne Penhall 21st TAG Restricted Light
Guy McCutcheon 26th TAG Restricted Light
Adam Neville Retired (Q14) TAG Restricted Medium
For new visitors
- Saturday, practice all day, qualifying in the afternoon from around 3:00pm.
- Sunday - Racing all day from 8:00am until all classes have coimpleted 2 heats and a final.
- No alcohol is to be consumed on the premises while there is on track activity (Rules apply for liquor zone and BYO)
- Please do not park in neighbouring driveways
A couple of house keeping items to help everything run better
- Track is now CLOSED for all karters until the start of VCS practice on Saturday
- Pit setup all day Friday
- A rough pit/parking area map is below
- Please check carefully when setting up pit, rain may have washed away some markings
- NO CARS in pit area - leave them outside gate 2, in front of the mullock heap, in the lions club park, or via the roadside.
The track is generally open all days except Tuesdays. We will try to have the track open - but let us know the day/ rough time you are coming in advance.Ballarat members - we need names against jobs!
This is the event that keeps our club afloat and all members are expected to chip in. Start with yourself - then see if any of your family can help.Road ways and general pit areas have now been marked.
You can now claim any free pit spot or just turn up on the weekend of the VCS. Spots in the middle come out a premium - you need to cram in - and you probably wont be first to leave. Rows are generally 4m or 6m wide - if you cant fit inside that space longways, sideways or shortways then go up the back where there is more space. Do NOT mark roadways or fence side spectator areas.NOTE: Roads were marked last week before the rain came, check closely in case any marks got washed away. Free entries
We can now process free entries before payment - send a PM or contact 0438 981300
A bit of wild weather for clubday saw unexpectedly fast times; who knew a 50kmh headwind would produce good laps?
Thanks to all who turned up, had patience with us, and/or helped out.
- March club day - Sunday March 18 (NOT the last Sunday)
- There is now a locked box with a first aid kit and sign in book to be used for all private practice. (In the pit shelter next to the out grid)
Please check the KA private practice rules carefully, as these have changed for 2018.
This affects ALL karters using the circuit for practice.
- Working bee and general clean up Saturday March 17 from 10:00am.
- The cut throughs are no longer in use for 2018 - even when coming out the gate. These are now blocked by tyres.
- Tramlines are now in place for race starts as per CIK rules
Stay in the lines until the light goes or get a penalty.
- VCS pitting DO NOT mark out any pitspots at or before clubday, as further maintenance is to be done.
From March 30 will be ok, anything else is too early.
We need members to put names to to jobs for the upcoming VCS round
- Track Lights (Saturday and Sunday)
- Canteen (3-4 shifts on both Saturday and Sunday)
- Tyre Marking (Saturday afternoon and possibly Sunday morning if tyres change)
- Parking assistants (Friday)
Please PM or email any names and we will start getting a roster together.
We cant wait for the start of the Victorian Country Series this weekend.
Its just a short drive down the road, and we expect a strong contingent of Ballarat members to take part (At least 10 already entered)
We would encourage all members to give the VCS a crack - as the series is great fun and its success directly benefits our club.
Even if you are not racing, come down the road to watch some of the best racing in the region - and after that its our turn for round 2 at home on April 22
The track will be CLOSED next Sunday, 17 December for a private event
Congratulations to our 2017 champions!
Club racing champions
Cadet 9: Domenic Kucina
Cadet 12: Daniel Malcolm
Junior: Jaxson Cox and Jason Douglas (Tied)
Senior: John Page
Harry's Junior Challenge:
Jason Harrison Memorial for best junior to represent Ballarat at bigger events.
In 2017 this had been awarded to Jaxson Cox for an outstanding AKC round win and very strong VCS results
Honourable mention goes for Jordan Malcolm who won the 2016 State Cup just after receiving the award last year.
Club Member of the Year
Kev has been awarded this prize before, but his ceaseless work for the club cannot be overlooked.
We sincerely thank Kev for making the club tick.
A big thankyou goes out to all our regular officials and volunteers
- Kev O'Donohue
- Chris and Corrine Dunnstone
- Debbie and John Page
- Michelle Shields
- Mal Mason
- Bob Shears
- Glenn White
We also gave a token of appreciation and waved a partial goodbye to Corrine Dunstone after years of service to the club as an official. (We hope to still see her around in a non-steward role sometimes)
Its end of year time and we want to run a club day and award some club champions!
- If we get the required 15 pre-entries - we will go ahead with a normal club day
- Even if we don't get 15, we will still go ahead with a fun day like last year (Handicapped time shootout, forward and reverse)
- 2017 Club presentations and bbq will be at the end of activities
We know there are a couple of new junior and senior karters around that are itching for some on track action.
So even if you don't have a race license yet , please think about coming along and we can make something work.