For new visitors
- Saturday, practice all day, qualifying in the afternoon from around 3:00pm.
- Sunday - Racing all day from 8:00am until all classes have coimpleted 2 heats and a final.
- No alcohol is to be consumed on the premises while there is on track activity (Rules apply for liquor zone and BYO)
- Please do not park in neighbouring driveways
A couple of house keeping items to help everything run better
- Track is now CLOSED for all karters until the start of VCS practice on Saturday
- Pit setup all day Friday
- A rough pit/parking area map is below
- Please check carefully when setting up pit, rain may have washed away some markings
- NO CARS in pit area - leave them outside gate 2, in front of the mullock heap, in the lions club park, or via the roadside.
- March club day - Sunday March 18 (NOT the last Sunday)
- There is now a locked box with a first aid kit and sign in book to be used for all private practice. (In the pit shelter next to the out grid)
Please check the KA private practice rules carefully, as these have changed for 2018.
This affects ALL karters using the circuit for practice.
- Working bee and general clean up Saturday March 17 from 10:00am.
- The cut throughs are no longer in use for 2018 - even when coming out the gate. These are now blocked by tyres.
- Tramlines are now in place for race starts as per CIK rules
Stay in the lines until the light goes or get a penalty.
- VCS pitting DO NOT mark out any pitspots at or before clubday, as further maintenance is to be done.
From March 30 will be ok, anything else is too early.
We need members to put names to to jobs for the upcoming VCS round
- Track Lights (Saturday and Sunday)
- Canteen (3-4 shifts on both Saturday and Sunday)
- Tyre Marking (Saturday afternoon and possibly Sunday morning if tyres change)
- Parking assistants (Friday)
Please PM or email any names and we will start getting a roster together.
The track is generally open all days except Tuesdays. We will try to have the track open - but let us know the day/ rough time you are coming in advance.Ballarat members - we need names against jobs!
This is the event that keeps our club afloat and all members are expected to chip in. Start with yourself - then see if any of your family can help.Road ways and general pit areas have now been marked.
You can now claim any free pit spot or just turn up on the weekend of the VCS. Spots in the middle come out a premium - you need to cram in - and you probably wont be first to leave. Rows are generally 4m or 6m wide - if you cant fit inside that space longways, sideways or shortways then go up the back where there is more space. Do NOT mark roadways or fence side spectator areas.NOTE: Roads were marked last week before the rain came, check closely in case any marks got washed away. Free entries
We can now process free entries before payment - send a PM or contact 0438 981300
We cant wait for the start of the Victorian Country Series this weekend.
Its just a short drive down the road, and we expect a strong contingent of Ballarat members to take part (At least 10 already entered)
We would encourage all members to give the VCS a crack - as the series is great fun and its success directly benefits our club.
Even if you are not racing, come down the road to watch some of the best racing in the region - and after that its our turn for round 2 at home on April 22