We are aware that the current method of requiring 15 pre-entries by Wednesday night is not working as intended; we have ended up cancelling too many events.
As a result we are changing our calendar to have less events - but those that are planned will go ahead in all but exceptional circumstances.
We have a mix of racers in our club
There are local new drivers who need club day practice and experience.
There are karters who run bigger events (VCS, AKC etc) that rarely have time for a club day.
There are many E license holders that we rarely see, and you are part of our club too.
There are several members who still have a Yamaha S that we rarely see.
There are local drivers who don't travel to other clubs.
This makes it very difficult to form a club day and give the new racers the experience they need - it also hurts ability to attract potential new members at a club day.
We are looking at several changes for the rest of 2018 to test for 2019
June club day will NOT run
We know several of you will go to Warrnambool for practice for the VCS, and we encourage all members to come down so we are together and support neighbouring VCS clubs.
We are looking at options for July to support all our different license holder types (Practice, historic, yamahas etc)
This will likely be a "test and tune day" - but we have options these days with the timing system for some friendly/fun winter games
Plans for Aug - Nov are still be finalised, but we are looking at 2-3 club days in that period with the better weather.
We are looking at what options we have to modify the club day format to be more inclusive of our different member types.
Its your club - and we want to see your kart on the track instead of home in the shed.
For new visitors
- Saturday, practice all day, qualifying in the afternoon from around 3:00pm.
- Sunday - Racing all day from 8:00am until all classes have coimpleted 2 heats and a final.
- No alcohol is to be consumed on the premises while there is on track activity (Rules apply for liquor zone and BYO)
- Please do not park in neighbouring driveways
A couple of house keeping items to help everything run better
- Track is now CLOSED for all karters until the start of VCS practice on Saturday
- Pit setup all day Friday
- A rough pit/parking area map is below
- Please check carefully when setting up pit, rain may have washed away some markings
- NO CARS in pit area - leave them outside gate 2, in front of the mullock heap, in the lions club park, or via the roadside.