The track is generally open all days except Tuesdays. We will try to have the track open - but let us know the day/ rough time you are coming in advance.Ballarat members - we need names against jobs!
This is the event that keeps our club afloat and all members are expected to chip in. Start with yourself - then see if any of your family can help.Road ways and general pit areas have now been marked.
You can now claim any free pit spot or just turn up on the weekend of the VCS. Spots in the middle come out a premium - you need to cram in - and you probably wont be first to leave. Rows are generally 4m or 6m wide - if you cant fit inside that space longways, sideways or shortways then go up the back where there is more space. Do NOT mark roadways or fence side spectator areas.NOTE: Roads were marked last week before the rain came, check closely in case any marks got washed away. Free entries
We can now process free entries before payment - send a PM or contact 0438 981300
- March club day - Sunday March 18 (NOT the last Sunday)
- There is now a locked box with a first aid kit and sign in book to be used for all private practice. (In the pit shelter next to the out grid)
Please check the KA private practice rules carefully, as these have changed for 2018.
This affects ALL karters using the circuit for practice.
- Working bee and general clean up Saturday March 17 from 10:00am.
- The cut throughs are no longer in use for 2018 - even when coming out the gate. These are now blocked by tyres.
- Tramlines are now in place for race starts as per CIK rules
Stay in the lines until the light goes or get a penalty.
- VCS pitting DO NOT mark out any pitspots at or before clubday, as further maintenance is to be done.
From March 30 will be ok, anything else is too early.
We need members to put names to to jobs for the upcoming VCS round
- Track Lights (Saturday and Sunday)
- Canteen (3-4 shifts on both Saturday and Sunday)
- Tyre Marking (Saturday afternoon and possibly Sunday morning if tyres change)
- Parking assistants (Friday)
Please PM or email any names and we will start getting a roster together.
Its end of year time and we want to run a club day and award some club champions!
- If we get the required 15 pre-entries - we will go ahead with a normal club day
- Even if we don't get 15, we will still go ahead with a fun day like last year (Handicapped time shootout, forward and reverse)
- 2017 Club presentations and bbq will be at the end of activities
We know there are a couple of new junior and senior karters around that are itching for some on track action.
So even if you don't have a race license yet , please think about coming along and we can make something work.
We cant wait for the start of the Victorian Country Series this weekend.
Its just a short drive down the road, and we expect a strong contingent of Ballarat members to take part (At least 10 already entered)
We would encourage all members to give the VCS a crack - as the series is great fun and its success directly benefits our club.
Even if you are not racing, come down the road to watch some of the best racing in the region - and after that its our turn for round 2 at home on April 22
Well done to all the Ballarat members who competed at round 2 of the VCS.
Some mixed fortunes for a few of us in the finals, but well done to all competing in some very competitive classes.
We hope to see many of you at clubday this weekend for a run, so please enter online by Wednesday to give us an idea of numbers
- Alexander Barallon 4th TAG Restricted Light
- John Page 4th TAG Restricted Masters
- Brock Rae 6th TAG Restricted Light
- Mal Mason 6th KA3 Senior Medium
- Jaxson Cox 8th KA4 Junior Light
- Jown Owen 8th TAG Restricted Masters
- Paul Feely 10th TAG Heavy
- Jordan Malcolm 16th KA4 Junior Heavy
- Greg Ord 20th TAG Restricted Medium
- Ray Dumesny 21th TAG Restricted Medium
- James Head 24th TAG Restricted Medium