There will be no March club day due to the Easter long weekend.
The next committee meeting is Wednesday 9 March at 8:00pm in the club rooms
Ballarat Kart Club are proud supporters of the Victorian Country series, and we encourage all members to consider taking part in the final round of 2015.
The final round is a 2 day event at South West kart club on October 17-18.
Good luck to all our Ballarat members competing; excitingly some of our juniors are in with a chance of being on the series podium top steps.
Due to the cancellation of the August club day, the track will remain in reverse direction for September and Harry's challenge will be re-scheduled.
A reminder the AGM will be held before the start of racing on the September club day - all positions will be vacant.
Sunday's AGM saw discussion about the future of club days at Ballarat.
In general it was agreed that -
- All karters must now pre-enter for clubdays - starting for the October clubday.
- If a minimum of 15 karters are not pre-entered on the Wednesday the event will be CANCELLED.
- The exact cutoff point of 15 karters may be fine tuned over time.
- There may be a financial incentive to pre-enter (eg: Additional cost to enter on the day) TBD
- Once the 2016 calendar is released, the club will review the calendar and determine whether to alternate clubdays or whether there are certain dates that are not viable to run.
- The club survey is still open, if you have not completed it before the AGM, please complete it so we can take your ideas to the next committee meeting and assist with these decisions https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2ZLQ2HM
Exact details of these entry changes will be mailed to all members.
We are very excited to be gearing up for out biggest race meeting of the year on July 19.
We hope to see over 150 karters competing in 11 classes of racing.
For newcomers interested in watching some karting: spectator entry is free, practice is on Saturday 18 July and racing is on Sunday 19 July
For competing karters: a few bits of housekeeping:
- TRACK CLOSED from Monday 13 July until uncontrolled practice Saturday 18 July (Friday pit setup only)
- Please don't park in neighbouring driveways
- Ballarat Members - There is a volunteer list at the clubrooms that we'd like to see as many names as possible on
Meanwhile, here are some pics from last year's action