The next round of the Victorian Country Series is coming up fast.
We hope to see a strong contingent of junior and senior Ballarat karters presenting their club on Sunday May 10 at Warrnambool Kart Club.
Its a great track, and not far form home, so if you haven't considered participating in a Country series round before, its a nice place to start.
In memory of Jason "Harry" Harrison's hard work in getting the track to run reverse, and his commitment to junior classes, we will be running a mini championship at each clockwise club day starting on April 26.
Class: Junior National Pro
Laps: 12 heats, 15 Final
Rnd 1: April Club day
Rnd 2: August Club day
Rnd 3: October Club day
Points: 401 system
The winner over the 3 events will get their name on the inaugural Jason Harrison memorial shield.
Juniors wanting to compete can still compete in their normal junior light/heavy class as well.
A strong contingent of both junior and senior karters will be heading up to Wimmera Kart Club on April 12 for the second round of the 2015 AUSTRANS Victorian Country Series.
Entries are looking great so far, with 125+ entered two weeks out, and we know of at least 11 Ballarat karters that will be competing.
We encourage as many as members as possible to enter the country series and represent our club, its great racing.
From now until the end of the April club day, the track will be running CLOCKWISE.
The normal outgrid is not in use during this time, leave the new outgrid (In the middle of the pit paddock) and turn left.
Use the normal pit in, its a tight left hander so take care the first time you practice pit entry.
We look forward to the first reverse club day on April 26 and hope to see you there.
We plan to run 3 clockwise club days this year, with further details of a reverse cup for juniors to be announced soon.
- Historic karters will be using the track Saturday 28 before our March club day
The track will be closed to karts on this day, but you are welcome to come and watch the old beasts.
- The next club day is Sunday March 29
Unfortunately we need to list the following reminders due to recent track activity.
If any of these apply to you, you probably should know better.
- Appropriate safety apparel (Shoes, Helmet, One piece driving suit, Gloves etc) is mandatory when using the track
Refer to the KA Manual Chapter 7 for more specific detail
- Use of the track is for active financial members only; a previous membership does not constitute an active financial member.
Practice memberships are available and reasonably priced if you only wish use the track for test days.
A lot of time, effort, and money goes into maintaining the track, so every contribution helps.
- Track operating hours are 9:00am until 6:00pm and the track is CLOSED on Tuesdays.
Kart engines must not be started at the track outside these times.
2015 Rule changes
- Action cameras can now only be mounted on the Nassau panel (Refer to KA manual for specific detail)
- A backup/emergency brake cable is now required as a redundant backup to the brake cable.