- Historic karters will be using the track Saturday 28 before our March club day
The track will be closed to karts on this day, but you are welcome to come and watch the old beasts.
- The next club day is Sunday March 29
Unfortunately we need to list the following reminders due to recent track activity.
If any of these apply to you, you probably should know better.
- Appropriate safety apparel (Shoes, Helmet, One piece driving suit, Gloves etc) is mandatory when using the track
Refer to the KA Manual Chapter 7 for more specific detail
- Use of the track is for active financial members only; a previous membership does not constitute an active financial member.
Practice memberships are available and reasonably priced if you only wish use the track for test days.
A lot of time, effort, and money goes into maintaining the track, so every contribution helps.
- Track operating hours are 9:00am until 6:00pm and the track is CLOSED on Tuesdays.
Kart engines must not be started at the track outside these times.
2015 Rule changes
- Action cameras can now only be mounted on the Nassau panel (Refer to KA manual for specific detail)
- A backup/emergency brake cable is now required as a redundant backup to the brake cable.
Last week students from Yuille Park Community College took to the Haddon track in practice for the RACV Energy Break-through.
Using recumbent human powered vehicles (HPVs), they got a lot of practice around the track on a very warm 30 degree day.
We wish them luck in their competition throughout the year.
2014 comes to a close for Ballarat Kart Club with club champions being crowned.
Congratulations to Michelle Shields being our 2014 club member of the year for her non stop efforts for the club,
Michael Angwin was awarded a shield as appreciation for his long distance services as club delegate.
- Senior champion was Luke Fong
- Junior champion was tied between Aaron Ing and Luke Thurston (A first for the club, tied eve after countback)
- Rookie champion was Jordan Malcolm
- Cadet champion was Zaiden Barry
We wish any Ballarat karters competing in thr Vic closed the best of luck, and we hope all karters, members,friends, and family have a good break and we see you next season on March 1
We thank the following volunteers, stewards, officials, working bee workers, committee members and club supporters for their support in 2014 (In no particular order)
Junior Clubman, Clubman Light and Clubman Heavy karters will be eligible for
- A set of of MG Reds ($230) will be given to a random winner at each round in each Clubman class*
- A $500 IAME gift voucher will be up for grabs to the series winner in each class* - in addition to the VCS series prize!
10 entries needed in a Clubman class to be eligible - so get your entry in NOW!
At our upcoming Country Series round on October 18-19 we will be raising awareness and money for Men's health issues by supporting Movember
You don't to grow a mo for the weekend (That can wait till November if you want to partake), but we would love your support