Congrats to our Ballarat drivers in Horsham
It was a pretty good weekend for our Ballarat contingent - every karter in the top 10, two podiums and a great win!
- Joe Fawcett: 1st Cadet 12 (Back to back from 2016!)
- Jordan Malcolm: 3rd KA4 Junior Heavy
- Alex Baralllon: 3rd TaG 125 Restricted Light
- Paul Feely: 4th TAG 125 Heavy
- Jaxson Cox 5th KA4 Junior Light
- John Page 5th TaG 125 Restricted Masters
- Ray Dumesny 6th TaG 125 Restricted Medium
- Greg Ord 9th TaG 125 Restricted Medium
- Brock Rae: 10th TaG 125 Restricted Light
Well done to all the Ballarat karters at the Portland VCS round.
Don't forget, clubday is THIS weekend and we'd love to see a few karters to have some fun and help the newcomers.
Pre-entering online is the best way to throw your hat in the ring and get your class going (Particularly for juniors and cadets), but checking in with mates to see if they are competing also helps.
Anthony Warner 2nd TAG 125 Restricted Medium
Jaxson Cox 3rd KA4 Junior Light
Alexander Barrallon 3rd TAG Restricted Light
Luke Mason 5th TAG 125 Restricted Medium
Brock Rae 6th TAG 125 Restricted Light
John Page 6th TAG 125 Retricted Masters
Mal Mason 6th KA3 Senior Medium
Paul Feely 7th TAG 125 Heavy
Jordan Malcolm 8th KA4 Junior Heavy
Ray Dumesney 10th TAG Restricted Medium
Greg Ord 15th TAG 125 Restricted Medium
Thanks to all those who came out for our little turnout, it was a fun day of racing and great for our new beginners to get help from experienced members.
1 Zaiden Barry
2 Daniel Malcolm
TAG 125 Heavy
1 Alan Saint
KA3 Senior Medium
1 Luke Thurston
2 Mal Mason
TAG 125 Restricted Light
1 John Page
2 Guy McCutcheon
3 Adam Neville
TAG 125 Restricted Medium
1 Brendan Torpy
2 Ray Dumesny
3 Greg Ord
Well done to all the Ballarat members who competed at round 2 of the VCS.
Some mixed fortunes for a few of us in the finals, but well done to all competing in some very competitive classes.
We hope to see many of you at clubday this weekend for a run, so please enter online by Wednesday to give us an idea of numbers
- Alexander Barallon 4th TAG Restricted Light
- John Page 4th TAG Restricted Masters
- Brock Rae 6th TAG Restricted Light
- Mal Mason 6th KA3 Senior Medium
- Jaxson Cox 8th KA4 Junior Light
- Jown Owen 8th TAG Restricted Masters
- Paul Feely 10th TAG Heavy
- Jordan Malcolm 16th KA4 Junior Heavy
- Greg Ord 20th TAG Restricted Medium
- Ray Dumesny 21th TAG Restricted Medium
- James Head 24th TAG Restricted Medium
Congratulations to all the Ballarat members who achieved a good result on the weekend.
Many were also busy helping out with the running of the event between their races.
Full results can be found on the KA CMS
- John Page: 1st TAG 125 Restricted Masters
- Jordan Malcolm: 1st KA4 Junior Heavy
- Luke Mason: 2nd TAG 125 Restricted Medium
- Jaxson Cox: 2nd KA4 Junior Light
- Luke Thurston: 4th KA3 Senior Medium
- Paul Feely: 5th TAG 125 Heavy
- Luke Fong: 7th TAG 125 Light
- Alexander Barrallon: 6th TAG 125 Restricted Light
- Braydon McKinnon: 6th TAG Restricted Heavy
- Malcolm Mason: 7th KA3 Senior Medium
- Akasha McEachran: 9th Cadet 12
- Brock Rae: 11th TAG 125 Restricted Light
- Greg Ord: 12th: TAG 125 Restricted Medium
- Daniel Malcolm: 13th Cadet 12
- Brendan Torpy: 15th TAG 125 Restricted Light
- Shayne Penhall: 18th TAG 125 Restricted Light
- Andrew Bowen: 26th TAG 125 Restricted Light
John Page takes the win in the TAG 125 Restricted Masters Final (Photo courtesy of Pace Images/Victorian Country Series)
Warm conditions greeted karters, and 49 busy karters was a very welcome site at the club ahead of next weekend's VCS round.
Win TV kindly attended our club day to get some footage before the VCS, so check our WIN News Ballarat this week to see if you appear on the news.
Our podium places are below, or you can view the full results on the KA CMS
You can also view some pics from the day's racing on our Facebook page
1 Rusty Ponting
2 Thomas Schmidt
3 Stefan Karajcic
3* Domenic Kucina
*We have awarded a joint 3rd place, as an unfortunate transponder gremlin
doesn't show the great driving of the club's youngest new P plater.
1 Zaiden Barry
2 Brocklan Parker
3 Daniel Malcolm
KA4 Junior Light
1 Jaxson Cox
2 Jai Stephenson
3 Corey Herbertson
KA4 Junior Heavy
1 Jordan Malcolm
2 Daniel Hookway
3 Keean Ferguson
1 Will Kelly-Merrifield
2 Max Owen
3 Declan Foo
KA3 Senior Light
1 Jack Douglass
KA3 Senior Heavy
1 Malcolm Mason
2 Luke Thurston
TAG 125 Restricted Light
1 Alexander Barallon
2 Brendan Torpy
3 Brock Rae
TAG 125 Restricted Heavy
1 Luke Mason
2 Barry Clough
3 Greg Ord
We are very excited that in 2017 we have the first round of the AUSTRANS Victorian Country Series on February 5.
In 2016, Cobden attracted a whopping 200+ entries for the first round, so we are expecting a big few days this year.
We will need help from all club members, family and friends to make this happen, so make yourself known to the committee by any means possible. (Facebook, email, phone)
As a lead up, we will be running the optional January club day (Jan 29) this year, 1 week before the VCS round.
Please note: Don't get carried away marking pit spots too early, we will mow lawns and mark pit boundaries in mid January.
Only after the lines are marked is anyone welcome to put their name down on a spot.
Check out the VCS Facebook page for more info
Plenty of fun was to be at our end of year fun day, with the track running forward then reverse, welcoming home the club's first black plate winner in many years, hearing the glorious roar of an historic twin engine, and even finding a superb blue tongue lizard in the club rooms!
There was a good turnout of members and friends, and everyone seemed to have a good time, many commented that they loved the thrill of running the track in reverse.
2016 club champion presentations followed the fun day activities:
2016 Cadet 9 Club Champion: Akasha McEachran
2016 Cadet 12 Club Champion: Zaiden Barry
2016 Senior Club Champion: John Page
2016 Harry's Junior Challenge: Akasha McEachran
In 2016 Harry's Challenge was awarded to the best cadet or junior representing Ballarat at open events in 2016 as voted by the committee.
2016 Club Member of the Year: Bob Shears
You may not always see Bob on a race weekend, but he puts in an enormous amount of effort at every club working bee, and many times when there wasn't even a working bee scheduled.
A massive thanks to Bob from Ballarat Kart Club for all his hard work.
Congratulations to all the Ballarat members who competed in state cup at Warrnambool on the weekend.
Jordan Malcolm, Luke Mason , John Page, Paul Feely, Mal Mason, Joe Fawcett, Andrew Bowen and Jaxson Cox all put in their best efforts amongst Victoria's top drivers.
A huge congratulations go to Jordan Malcolm, winning KA4 Junior Heavy and getting black plates for 2017!
It was great racing to watch and an outstanding result in a very impressive field.
Luke Mason also powered home to grab a great second spot in TAG Restricted Heavy with some impressive consistent clean driving.
View full results
The club will be going ahead with a "Fun Day" on Sunday December 11th, and and the November clubday will not run.
The fun day will be open to all members (Including practice license holders and historic karts)and entry will be free.
- Activity format TBC (Likely a combination of forward and reverse challenges)
- Club champion presentations
- End of year BBQ (We have applied for a temp liquor license for the event)
- Activities will commence from 1:00pm, BBQ and Presentations from 5:00pm
Come out and have some fun on track, learn a few things from other karters, or just kick back and enjoy the BBQ.
Please make yourself known via Facebook, email or message so we can get an idea of numbers
Thank you to everyone that attended the 2016 AGM
The following roles have been filled for 2016-2017:
President: Paul Feely
Vice-president: Mal Mason
Secretary: Kev O'Donohue
Treasurer: Kev O'Donohue
Race Secretary: Debbie Page
Club Delegate: Paul Feely
Co Delegate: Mal Mason
Scrutineer: John Page
Track Inspector: Kev O'Donohue
Canteen Manager: Michelle Shields
Website and social media: Paul Feely
Trophies: Paul Feely
Publicity officer: Mark Fawcett
License secretary: Kev O'Donohue
Additional Committee members:
Bob Shears, Sam Wren, Brendan Torpy, Justin Malcolm, John Page, Ray Dumesny, Jess Aldridge and Luke Fong
A big thankful to everyone who has dedicated their time in these roles to make the club function.
The November committee meeting will be Wednesday 9 November at 8:00pm in the Haddon club rooms.
- With only 6 pre-entries the clubday racing cannot go ahead and is cancelled.
We highly encourage all members to pre-enter early for next club day to avoid this happening again.
- The AGM needs to go ahead and is still scheduled for 11:00am
- All gate locks will be changed on Monday 31 October, so please attend the AGM and get your new key at the same time.
This is part of a security upgrade thanks to a Department of Justice Community Safety grant.
- Karters are welcome to have a practice/test day after the AGM with help from other members